Monday, March 16, 2009
Ten Ways to Get Some Flax Seed Meal
If you haven't already discovered all the health benefits of flax seeds, read this.
Ground flax seed meal can be used in a variety of ways... and two tablespoons a day is all you need to get all the health benefits. Here's a list of 10 different ways I like to "sneak"it in.
1. Anything that has ground beef: burgers, tacos, meat sauce, etc.
2. Mixed into pancake batter (note, it will brown faster and darker.)
3. Stirred into pasta sauce, such as tomato or cream based sauce.
4. Sprinkled into yogurt.
5. Mixed into oatmeal.
6. Stirred into any muffin recipe that also calls for nuts.
7. Bowls of any kind of savory soup that has a pureed vegetable base. (Not so good in broth ones like won-ton or chicken noodle.)
8. Mixed into peanut butter that is used in PBNJs or smeared on celery or crackers.
9. Worked into any breading, whether it be bread crumbs or ground nuts.
10. Sprinkled on pizza... works best if you place on top of the tomato sauce but under the cheese.